My Summer Reading List

When school lets out and summer comes round, we usually have more time for reading what we want to read or have been meaning to read for the entire school year.
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash

Let me know what sort of books are on your summer reading list! 

There's quite a few, so I'm gonna get right into it:

1. The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill (This one I've already finished. Book review here: Book Review: "The Girl Who Drank The Moon" by Kelly Barnhill). 

2. The Man Who Was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton

3. Napoleon of Notting Hill (also) by G. K. Chesterton 

4. An Unfortunate Autobiography by Lemony Snicket 

5. Moby Dick by Herman Melville: I tried reading this a while ago when my reading level wasn't necessarily up to it. I'm excited to pick it back up again, as it is considered an American Classic. If you've read this book, please let me know what you thought of it!

6. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys 

7. The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis 

8. Heartless by Marissa Meyer: I guess this is supposed to go hand in hand with her Lunar Chronicles, about the backstory of the Queen of Hearts from Wonderland. I was really impressed with the Lunar Chronicles, so my expectations for this one are pretty high. We'll see what happens. :) 

9. Puck of Pook's Hill by Rudyard Kipling 

10. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte 

11. The Art of Work by Jeff Goins 

12. The Roar by Emma Clayton 

13.  Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynn Jones: My sister read this one earlier this year and was obsessed. Now I'm intrigued. 

14. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert: Someone told me this was a good book for creative people, and I immediately wanted to read it. 

15. The Count of Monte Christo by Dumas  

16. The Marvelous Land of Oz by Frank L. Baum

17. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens 

18. A Bandit's Tale: The Muddled Misadventures of a Pickpocket by Deborah Hopkinson: I know absolutely nothing about this book, if I'm going to be honest. The title just sounded interesting. :)

19. The Moonstone by Wilkie(?) Collins 

20. Easy to Kill (also called "Murder is Easy") by Agatha Christie. 

21. That Hideous Strength (the last in The Space Trilogy) by C.S. Lewis 

22. The Pale Horse (also) by Agatha Christie



That's all I have for today folks! We'll see if I actually end up sticking to the list. Sometimes my fancy tends to deviate from the plan! 

  This post may be updated in a week or two, so keep your eyes peeled.


And now for a small update:

*Upcoming posts*

a. Making a Summer Writing Schedule
b. Are Writers Artists? (one of Google's most-asked questions)
c. 21 Old and Beautiful Male Names for your Fiction Story
d. 21 Old and Beautiful Female Names for your Fiction Story


Let's Chat! 
1. Have you read any of the books on this list? If so, what did you think? 
2. Do you have more time for reading during the summer or the school year? 
3. What is your favorite place to read? 

Comments

  1. Let's Chat!
    1. Have you read any of the books on this list? If so, what did you think?
    I've actually read several of these! I've read "The Screwtape Letters"(An absolute masterpiece!), Heartless(This one was really good and was an awesome take on the world of Wonderland), Jane Eyre(Kind of depressing, but good), The Moonstone(Duh), and The Pale Horse(REALLY REALLY like this one!).
    2. Do you have more time for reading during the summer or the school year?
    Depends, mostly I read classics during the summer and light fiction during the school year.
    3. What is your favorite place to read?
    In the library with the rain pattering against the window. *sigh happily*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Agatha Christie is great! I'm actually reading The Pale Horse right now! :D And reading in the library on a rainy day is the best. The rain is so soothing. *happy place*

      Delete
  2. I have heard of many of these books and now that my 5 week college Biology class is over I have the time to read them!
    I have a lot more time reading during the summer than the school year.
    I love reading in my room or at the library when it is storming outside. I love the sound of rain pattering against my window and thunder rippling in the skies. *sighs dreamily*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, yeah that setting sounds just fabulous! The library is a GREAT place just to crash with a stack of books! Rain makes it so much better. :) And (on a side note) I am working on Biology myself right now! Do you have a favorite branch of science?

      Delete
    2. I really like the Anatomy and Physiology of the human body. It interests me on how our body manages to preform so many functions at a fast rate and manages to maintain that. God for sure took his time in making our human bodies.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things to Reinvigorate Your Creative

21 Old and Beautiful Male Names for Your Fiction Story

Pitfall and Cliffhanger