Book Review:"My Happy Life" by Rose Langercrantz and Eva Eriksson

You are NEVER too old for children's illustrated books. My Happy Life by Rose Langercrantz and illustrated by Eva Eriksson seemed to call to me from the library shelves. 



Summary 
This book is about two little girls, Dani and Ella, who are absolute best friends and very excited to start school! (I remember when I was that way...) They stick around each other day in and day out, rain or shine and get to experience all the excitement of going to school for the first time. However, life very often throws in a road bump when things are going smoothly, and a few things happen that neither girl is prepared for. 

Author: Rose Langercrantz 
Illustrator: Eva Eriksson 
Genre: Fiction 
Ages: Appropriate for all ages
Rating: 5/5


This is a short chapter book with large print and I easily finished it in an hour. I know that my age group was not necessarily the 'target market', but like C.S.Lewis said, "A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's book at all." 

In that line of philosophy, this was a very good children's book because I enjoyed it very much. :) 

First Off...The illustrations. OH MY GOODNESS, THE ILLUSTRATIONS. Eva Eriksson did an amazing job with the art for this book! It just perfectly portrays the mood and just childhood in general.
Google Image Search Result: My Happy Life Rose Langercrantz

Actually, I found that reading this book at my age actually brings back to me the point of view of a little kid it is really sweet for any older person to re-experience that. Seeing the problems the little girls go through, their solutions and how they approach everything was just very heart warming and sweet.

Theme 
The theme is ideally focused on friendship and good memories. In the story, Dani (the main character) lies in bed at night and instead of counting sheep, she counts all the good things that happen to her and all her happy memories .

 It targeted several different moods. Happiness, excitement, contentment, anxiety and worry. All from the p.o.v. of a little kid.

This would absolutely be a good first chapter book for younger kids and even an enjoyable book for older people who just want a quick and easy read (and lots of FABULOUS illustrations :)


Let's Chat! 
1. Have you ever read My Happy Life by Rose Langercrantz and Eva Eriksson? If so, what did you think? 
2. Are there any children's books you still love? And do you think you can ever truly 'outgrow' a good children's book?
3. Any books you would like to see a review on?

Comments

  1. 1. Have you ever read My Happy Life by Rose Langercrantz and Eva Eriksson? If so, what did you think?
    I haven't yet, but I'll definitely look into it!

    2. Are there any children's books you still love? And do you think you can ever truly 'outgrow' a good children's book?
    YES. I love the Chronicles of Narnia, and Love You Forever

    3. Any books you would like to see a review on?
    Have you read the Midnight War of Mateo Martinez? Its pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, haven't read Midnight War, but I'll check it out . And yes, Narnia is amazing!! Do you have a favorite book in the series?

      Delete
    2. My favorite book in the series is Voyage of the Dawn Treader, with Horse and His Boy as a close second. Do you have a favorite?

      Delete
    3. I think I'll always love TLWW. But the Voyage of the Dawn Treader is probably the second. :D Have you ever read C.S.Lewis' Space Trilogy? It's pretty weird...

      Delete
    4. I haven't yet. I started it last summer, but then school started and I got sidetracked...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things to Reinvigorate Your Creative

21 Old and Beautiful Male Names for Your Fiction Story

Dissociation with Writing